so i'm starting to believe no one knows anything about treating fibrocycstic breast pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i've been reading and reading online about what i can do for my fibrocystic breast pain... and no one really has an answer do they? iodine Might work. vitamin e might work. adivl might work. going braless might work. but nothing is certain?! so i have to try everything? i've been hurting all week and i hurt about 3 weeks out of the month it seems  i don't know what to do. :( i hurt during ovulation and it lessens as the week goes on it seems. it starts out as a constant ache and then turns into a burning feeling once the swelling has went down. i'm just so frustrated with this. :-/ and i've only had it 3 months, i can't imagine having this into my 40's. i'm only 26 :-/

is there any advice out there?

#2 of 4 Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post for attention. Anyone have suggestions to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 06:50 AM

There are lots of answers, but in my experience different people found different things useful, which suggests that there are multiple causes of the pain.

I used to have very cystic breasts, but for me, they got much less so after pregnancy and breastfeeding. 

Being on hormonal birth control made the swelling much worse - it was one of the reasons I stopped that.  That was the biggest thing that worked!

Some friends found cutting way back on caffeine helped.    It didn't for me, but several friends SWORE by it.

Some people recommended Evening Primrose Oil to me.   I think it helped a bit.

People used to recommend fairly high doses of Vitamin E.   Newer research on that subject tells me that people should not megadose on E because high doses of supplements have been found to raise your risk of certain cancers and other diseases.

savithny, 42 year old moderate mom to DS Primo (age 12) and DD Secunda (age 9).

#4 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

I have noticed during the past few days the pain is not nearly as bad as it was during ovulation. I have 6 days until my period and there is pain but only when i lay a certain way or press on the breast too much.

I am in love with coffee but had to cut out all caffeine because of my anxiety issues before noticed my breast issue. And although I haven't noticed if it makes it worse or not it certainly doesn't make the pain stop all together.

I've been doing 200mg Vit. E for a little under a month and I'm not sure if it's doing anything at all. I can't take more than 200 anyway because I was told it could work against my anxiety medicine.

I've also been going bra-less for about a week.

As I said I the pain isn't as bad as last week but I don't know if it's because of my ovulation being over or if it's one of the three things listed above or a combination.

Thank you for your response. :)

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page