Vaginal pain in toddler... not diaper rash, not UTI... HELP!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD is 3yrs 8mo. Last month she woke up 5-6 times in the middle of the night to pee. The first time she woke up she went, but would sit down to go every other time and wouldn't actually go. I thought for sure she had a UTI, but the next morning she woke up perfectly fine and had no symptoms for the rest of the day.

That night however, she woke up to pee and went the first time but again was up 4-5 more times to go and didn't go, woke up the next morning and was fine through the day. This went on for about 2 weeks. I didn't take her to the Dr because the symptoms went away during the day and she had no pain when she was going to the bathroom.

i finally took her to the Dr and they did a urine test and said everything was normal. That night she woke up once to go pee and that was it. I thought it was some random thing and was happy it was over. Now she is complaining of pain inside her vagina. I tried to ask her where and she said she can't touch it because its inside, so I don't think she was touching herself and scratched herself somehow. I asked if anyone was touching her there and she said no. (Not that I thought there would be, but just in case I guess)

It is not a constant pain, but she does tell me normally at least once a day her pee-pee hurts. I have no idea what it could be. I still wipe her for the most part, so that shouldn't be a problem. I have been showering her instead of giving her baths because the Dr said its not good for her to be sitting in water with any soap in it, so I avoid sitting in water at all for now. I wash her with a wash cloth/no soap, also Dr recommendation. I am stumped. No idea what's going on. We just went to the Dr and they don't know either. Any ideas?????

Thank you!! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Oh gosh, that sounds so rough on both of you! I have no idea what it could be either. I'm assuming your doctor or you have examined her to make sure there isn't any redness or irritation?

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 PM

Is it possible she's got a yeast infection?  I had them so bad when I was little.  Thats the only thing I can really think of off the top of my head. 

Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Ya I've been to the dr. I check her out to make sure she's not red or irritated. Its so weird.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

I have never had a yeast infection. I thought it would be itchy and have discharge. I guess I should look into that though thank you

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List