17 month old w Whooping cough traveling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live in the Dominican Republic and came to the US for a week long vacation, which has turned into a month long. The baby came down w WC the first week were here and was hospitalized for 4 days. He is no longer contagious, but still has paroxysms several times a day. To some one who has never seen a cough attack its a scary sight. Looks like the baby is choking. The doctors say we can fly, but I'm scared to get on a plane.
I've also been trying to get vitc c powder in him and he WILL NOT take liquids from a sippy cup. He will breast feed though. I just don't know how to get him better or even help build his immune system. Any suggestions on the when its safe to fly issue. And any ideas on how to get him to drink fluids so he can get the high doses of vit c?

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hmm...will he drink from a straw? Or a bottle?

Getting the SA into him is key, right. It makes a huge difference. DS was 23 months old when he had it (caught it from his up-to-date dad) and it we dosed him with SA in juice 4x a day, sippy cup. And yes, there was a noticeable improvement after we reached bowel tolerance and started to ease off the amount of SA given over time.

Good luck! I hope you can find something that works.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   nearly 10 years old; DS  6.5 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List