What is normal stool? (Reading GAPS book) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry for the TMI but I'm having trouble finding this info.

I'm reading the GAPS book and she frequently references abnormal stool, but what is normal? I am wondering for myself mostly. I searched the forums but can only find info for babies. I've been trying to figure out my digestion issues. If I don't eat prunes and a fiber supplement every day, I frequently am constipated, and then when I can go I have pain, which doesn't seem normal. Shouldn't I be easily going every day, or what is normal?

#2 of 3 Old 09-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post for attention. bump.gif Anyone have experience to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I've been reading the GAPShelp yahoo group for probably a year.  I think what NCM is talking about is the absence of diarrhea & constipation & you are able to go regularly w/o issue.  I've also read of the Bristol Stool Scale (google it), I think on the GAPS list.  

I've seen it mentioned but haven't checked it out myself, this website that talks about fiber's role in regular stooling: fibermenace.com

I have wanted to get myself & family onto GAPS.  Haven't been successful, in large part to my extremely sensitive 3 y.o. who only eats about 5 things, the main thing being buckwheat groats.  He nurses so he gets most of his nutrition from me.

I hope that GAPS works out for you.  The yahoo group I mentioned is pretty high volume but is a very kind, helpful group of people.

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page