Scared to know - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, 3 days ago i felt a chafe like feeling down by my vaginal area. Then the day after i felt 2 small bumps. At first i thought it was nothing scary; that it was from the sweat, heat and moisture down in that area. Then a day ago the bumps got larger and they now look more like swollen blisters that are beginning to look like pus like blisters. I use warm salt water to bathe cause it soothes the discomfort. I really can't differentiate whether it itches or burns. I am really scared cause i have been reading about STDs. I've been with one partner for over a yr; however, he has cheated but is not experiencing any symptoms of any STDs or anything else. I really dont know what to think about this. 

I honestly feel disgusted and ashamed right now. Help please!!!!

#2 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 AM

Go see your doctor. It might be herpes, which is a VERY very common virus: same thing as cold sores just in a different place. You may have gotten it from your partner or even years ago without knowing it. Regardless, it's important to get it correctly diagnosed so that you can manage it appropriately to improve your health and that of others.

On the other hand, it could also be something totally different, like irritation from a new soap or detergent, ill-fitting clothes, etc. I understand being afraid, but it's definitely best to get a professional opinion before freaking out too much! smile.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I agree! I know its scary but its better to know so you can deal with and treat whatever it is. Good Luck!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 4 Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Go see your doctor. It might be herpes, which is a VERY very common virus: same thing as cold sores just in a different place. You may have gotten it from your partner or even years ago without knowing it. Regardless, it's important to get it correctly diagnosed so that you can manage it appropriately to improve your health and that of others.
On the other hand, it could also be something totally different, like irritation from a new soap or detergent, ill-fitting clothes, etc. I understand being afraid, but it's definitely best to get a professional opinion before freaking out too much! smile.gif

Genital herpes and Coldsores are different.

Your husband and you should both get tested. Honestly you should not feel disgusted he should. Its probably nothing but if its something you should find out asap. Its normal for men to not have symptoms of many stds.

My sister said it really well to me the other day. "It is not ok for men to find out they have std's from their partners doctors." Def get him checked.

I got HPV from my bf (from a previous girlfriend)  we didn't find out until my postpartum pap. Its gone now (it was one of the goes away in a year or two ) I was very upset at first that he never got tested and we had to find out this way. I had to have stupid procedures, and biopsies, and all that jazz.

It very well could be nothing and even if it is nothing he should still get tested.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page