home treatments for yeast infection on skin? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've never had this before and OMG! one moment I was fine and the next yowwww!  It's right where my underwear elastic hits me on my inner thigh.  And it is screaming bright red.  :(  I actually have some antifungal powder for exactly this purpose (thought I had a yeast issue under my bust at one point, but now I think it was probably not) but it doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot (been using it for 2 days, maybe it takes a while?).  Anyhow I'm feeling like I need to do something to speed this along or at least make it feel better.  

I'm especially wondering about some kind of barrier cream (something not petroleum based maybe?)  --  would coconut oil work like a barrier?  

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#2 of 5 Old 09-29-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I put some coconut oil on it every couple of hours before bed last night (so maybe 3 times) and it seemed much better this morning.  I've done the coconut oil twice so far today and it's not hurting at all and the color is not anywhere near as angry looking.  I am cautiously optimistic!  I'll try to remember to come back and post an outcome when all is said and done in case anyone else has this issue.  

#3 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I've used diluted ACV on yeast problems on the skin but not in the vaginal/near vaginal area.  Glad to hear the coconut oil is helping!

I've started using powdered priobiotics pretty regularly all around down there.  I was itching & it took the itch away immediately.  Not that you were asking about this, but maybe some regular applications would prevent the problem?

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#4 of 5 Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it's never happened before, so for now I'm gonna assume it's a one time thing. If it happens again, I'll think about some proactive measures.

Anyhow, the powder I had and used was called nystop, but I am pretty convinced that the coconut oil was the thing that healed it up. It's only been a week since it started and now you can't even tell there was a problem.

#5 of 5 Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post

Well, it's never happened before, so for now I'm gonna assume it's a one time thing. If it happens again, I'll think about some proactive measures.
Anyhow, the powder I had and used was called nystop, but I am pretty convinced that the coconut oil was the thing that healed it up. It's only been a week since it started and now you can't even tell there was a problem.

joy.gif

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page