Silent Yeast Infection? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but my ds has a yeast infection we think...its red bumpy and not responding to rash creams... However at my prenatal apt. the midwife said my urine stick was positive for luekocytes? sp? and it might indicate I have yeast... Well I have not even one symptom of yeast so I was wondering is it possible I have one as well but without symptoms?  Is Grapefruitseed extract safe to take orally while pregnant? I am already taking probiotics... thanks!

#2 of 4 Old 10-14-2012, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I'm bumping your post up. bump.gifAnyone have experience to share? OP, do you have a health care provider that you can check with?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 10-17-2012, 07:08 PM

Location: In the garden of dreams***Tellin myself it's not as hard as it seems***

Hey Janarae!

I definitely don't have all of the answers, but a few things jumped out at me when reading your post. First off, I do not think that GSE (Grapefruitseed Extract) is healthy to take internally at all, or externally for that matter, I know lots have differing opinions on this, but that is my humble opinion. Also Michigan Herbalist jim mcdonald has a great article on it here:

http://www.herbcraft.org/gse.html

I'm sure its possible to have an overabundance of yeast without any symptoms...how is your diet. Try cutting out all sweets including fruits of you and your sons diet if you haven't already. Yogurt and the probiotics are a good thing to have though. Also try simplifying your diet a lot; brown rice, steamed veggies, healthy fats such as avocados and bone broths, that sort of thing. Instead of creams which could help keep the nasty bacteria in, use tea or tincture washes of Calendula. It is a very mild herb with astringent properties that help keep the rash clean, disinfected and dry. 

Hope something helps!

Jess

#4 of 4 Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 PM

How are you doing, mama?

My ds had yeast that wouldn't go away with various creams and we finally just did coconut oil on him and it worked great. Can use it for you, too!

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page