Advice for recovery: Surgery, Blood Loss, Anemia, Miscarriage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Last week I had a fallopian tube rupture due to an ectopic pregnancy. (earlier in the week I also had a corpus luteum cyst rupture too)  I had an emergency laparoscopic surgery 1 week ago and I'm at home recovering now.  I lost quite a lot of blood, so I'm dealing with low hematocrit (26) and iron...plus I'm bleeding from the miscarriage.  

I'm just wondering what advice some might have, as far as supplements or foods.  As my nurse described it, I feel like I'm on Mt. Everest.  ...so weak, tired, and exhausted. ...and headaches.  My appetite hasn't been great.

I'm taking 100 mg per day of iron (ferrous succinate), vit. C, D3, and my prenatal.  I don't have the energy to scour the internet right now for healing tips so I thought posting here could save me some time.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

First of all, hugs to you.  I'm sorry for your loss.

After my miscarriage, I couldn't tolerate OTC iron.  It made me really sick to my stomach.

Instead, I ate a TON of spinach (which I love).  Lots of fresh spinach salads (with bacon and strawberries or grilled chicken) and lightly sauteed with some olive oil, pine nuts and garlic.  A splash of lemon juice on it and I gobbled it up.  My iron levels shot up and I felt so much better, especially not having to swallow lots of pills.

I hope you feel better soon. 

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List