Healing Asthma? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there!  I'm looking for any information regarding healing asthma.  I would be so grateful to anyone with or without medical knowledge to give me any insights and advice to help facilitate my daughter's healing. 

My daughter is three and a half and suffers from chronic asthma attacks.  We have been going through the same pattern for a while now (and October has been extra terrible).  Every time she gets a case of the common cold, it sets off an inflammatory response in her body that makes her lungs have a great deal of trouble.  The only way we've been able to get things under control again is through course after course of oral steroids (Prednisolone).  I realize that long-term use of this is extremely unhealthy, but when she can't breath it seems like there is no other option.  She is also on Budesonide (inhaled steroid) and Albuterol (when she has attacks) all via the nebulizer.  She also deals with many food allergies (all dairy, peanuts, and gluten sensitive, and additional food sensitivities). 

If anyone can suggest a doctor/practitioner who has had success in healing childhood asthma I would greatly appreciate that as well.  I am open to any information, remedies, solutions, protocols, resources, etc.  We are open to dietary changes/supplements, herbal remedies, bodywork, etc.  We've tried chiropractic, rolfing, craniosacral therapy, NAET treatments.  I've even taken her to energy workers and a shaman healer for a spiritual cleansing bath.  We even do positive affirmations from Louis L. Hay.

Thank you so much for any assistance.  Like all parents, I just want my daughter to be free, healthy, and happy.

Love and gratitude,

-Steph (and my daughter E. of course! joy.gif)

#2 of 3 Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 AM

I would try posting on the raising natural kids Facebook site. You will get a tin of responses there.
#3 of 3 Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 AM

Hi Steph,

Please check out the Buteyko Breathing Method.  A Ukrainian doctor Konstantin Buteyko ran a research lab for 40 years (in Siberia) where he studied a way to control and reduce symptoms of chronic respiratory illnesses.  It's widely known in Russia of course, Europe and Australia and New Zealand and gaining steam here in North America.  The main premise is that people with asthma and allergies are actually over-breathing, and their symptoms (essentially airway passages shutting down) are the body's defense system.  I have had asthma since I was 4 and learned this when I was 47 or 48.  I haven't used a rescue inhaler since I learned the techniques and am down 75% on my steroid.

For more info check out:

www.BreathingRetrainingCenter.com

www.ButeykoEducators.org

Lisa

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page