Gestational Diabetes and Glyburide - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there- new to the forum! I'm 33 weeks pregnant with a beautiful baby girl. 

Okay at about the beginning of my 3rd trimester I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Apparently I just barely qualified, they said that if I had taken the test last year the standards would have been such that I would be negative.

Anyway, they just put me on 2.5mg of Glyburide because I've only gained about 12lbs and they would like me to gain more. That is, the DIETICIANS want me to gain more, and the OBGYN's are freaking out about me gaining too much weight (was 140lb, now I'm 152.2) they can't seem to come to a consensus...>.<

What concerns me is the glyburide, my fasting numbers have always been great, 80-81 usually, and recently into the 70s. But now that I'm on the Glyburide they seem to be steadily increasing to around 85-87. They have never been that high on their own...

And most concerning is this: I'll eat a meal with about 60 carbs, and one hour later my b/s was 123 (good!) but then I happened to check after another hour and it was 137 (whoa...what?) That never happened before. And tonight I had a steak burrito and I realized later I hadn't calculated the ingredients right, and it was definitely over my 60 carb limit. So I wanted to watch it carefully. 137... then an hour later 167 (whoa!) and then even later it's 185! Holy COW it's never been that high before! 

Is this my body adjusting to the Glyburide? Or should I be concerned? 

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page