Similar to baby period but DD is 4 months - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has had occasional "baby periods" over the past several weeks. I really think its hormonal but she is 4 months. I think it's hormonal because when I change her diaper after having intercourse there is light pink/ orange spotting. It is only in the following diaper, not consecutively. I know I can be a little hormonal LOL but this is a concerning because I have not heard of this other than in newborns. Has anyone heard of this in older babies? I'll call the ped but I'm worried about what they would want to do.

Cloth diapering, Non-Vax, Bedsharing Mama to Maya 3-25-08, Mila 6-28-12 and DP Marc joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That is very strange, never heard of it in baby other than newborn, but my thoughts would be- if you are on any type of hormonal birth control, or your husband using any type of hormonal creams that you are exposed to, she could be getting hormones through breastmilk?   Also synthetic estrogens such as BPA linings in cans, on cash register reciepts (thermal paper), plastic bottles, etc, and parabens in personal care products that she may be exposed to could possibly cause something like this?  I have not heard of these things causing that, but you could try eliminating any type of hormone exposure for her and see if this continues.   I would be afraid to call a pediatrician about it too, I would sooner go to my midwife or a naturopath.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

It is strange. I eat mostly organic and am not on birth control. I do take Sam-E for my moodiness after the baby but I don't know if the supplement is hormonal or if it affects it. Going off of it would be very stressful. I texted my midwife and am waiting on that. I went to a LLL conference this weekend and asked the "medical person" there and she had not heard of it either but said she would look into it and email me. I wish I knew for sure why.

Cloth diapering, Non-Vax, Bedsharing Mama to Maya 3-25-08, Mila 6-28-12 and DP Marc joy.gif

Old 10-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

I would ask a DR.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mystery solved by Ped today. The pink/ orange spot is crystals in her urine from being slightly dehydrated. I'm going to super hydrate and hope it doesn't happen again. I was super surprised since DD is 85th percentile and has enough wet diapers.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List