Healing chondromalacia patella - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I work in a warehouse, night shift, and I am on my feet for 8 hours a day.  Literally 8 hours a day.  And in 2 weeks our peak season starts and I will be on my feet for 10 hours a day 5 days a week, and then 2 weeks after that for 12 hours a day, 5 days a week until Christmas eve.  I was diagnosed with chondromalacia patella last month in my left knee, was given a print out of exercises to do and told to see a physical therapist to learn how to target muscles.  I was also told to rest.  Lol, I wish I could.

For most of my shift, I'm standing in one place sorting items or filling boxes.  The other part of my shift is walking from one place to another, so on average I walk 5 miles a night.  I have mats at my workstation and I'm about 90lbs overweight.  I've been at this job for almost 2 months, and I have lost 20lbs in those 2 months, gaining a lot of muscle and I feel fantastic other than my knee.  The chondromalacia started before I started my job.  I guess I'm looking for advice on how to stand and do my job while helping my knee heal.  I've found that the knee strap that fits below my knee cap helps me, but it starts to bug me after a few hours.  thanks for any help:)

#2 of 3 Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

You might want to pose this to one of our MDC "Ask the Experts" forums.  There are a few doctors on there (various types depending on the type you're most comfortable with!)

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/16907/ask-the-experts

Also, not sure how to ask this without sounding judgmental because I'm totally not, but are you trying to lose the rest of the weight?  Probably not going to solve the problem, but help for sure.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 3 Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nothing helped heal my case. I went to P/T, rested, did everything doc told me to. I ended up having surgery. I've been good to go for 12 years. 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page