9 mo old choking/gagging with cold cough - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my 9 month old dd's first cold. She has a low grade fever and a clear runny nose. What is concerning me is she is gagging and choking when she coughs and sometimes vomits a bit. She is crying and/or fussy nearly constantly and she screams after the coughing/gagging episodes.

When she cried for 3 hours non stop last night, we broke down and called her pedi who said to give her some acetaminophen because it sounded like she was in pain. We did, although I am very uncomfy giving her pain meds. We think maybe she has a very sore throat with the cough.

Hylands tiny cold tabs and hylands cough med do not seem to be working. Wondering if anyone knows other homeopathic or natural remedy that may work?

Thanks.

Momma to two sweet girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Honestly, when I had a 10 month old who was coughing to the point of vomiting and would not be consoled, I took him to the doctor where he was diagnosed with pneumonia.  He was very near being hospitalized.  He had a high fever for three days and didn't want me to put him down, ever.  He had previous colds where he played happily at my feet and wanted extra snuggles but not with a relentless fever and total clinginess.  Motrin did not help.  

I hope your baby is feeling better.  If not, I would definitely take her to a pediatrician.  I must add that if your child seems to be fine other than the fever and cough it is probably nothing serious.  The thing that told me my baby was seriously sick was that he would not let me put him down, along with the fever that burned him up without relief.

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List