4 year old pees ALL the time! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My 4.5 yr old ds pees all the time it seems. Only during the day though. At night he never has accidents and my dh only wakes him once in a 10-12 hour period. I've watched him pee, and his uncircumcised penis does not balloon, and is not red. He says it doesn't hurt and he does actually pee everytime. However, this often is new for
Him. I don't believe he's drinking more water or anything either. What's going on???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

My almost 4yr old is doing the same thing. I did bring him to Dr to check for diabetes. He does not have it....

Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Interesting. He's always hungry too. I wouldn't put him in a diabetic category but I suppose you never know. We're super healthy with no family history what's so ever.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

No family history here. I was worried because he went from almost never peeing to all the time. I NEVER go to the Dr. But I just needed to rule out diabetes. So I guess it is something in his body? May they are growing so much they need extra wateringeat.gif

growing pains

Old 12-20-2012, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I couldn't read this and not reply. My youngest was just diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes on election day this past november. He's 2 1/2. We *do* have a family history of autoimmune diseases, which is why I was sort of hyper-aware of the changes in him. He had lost some weight (which I thought at first was a growth spurt), was peeing a lot more than usual, and drinking a lot of water. He had a diaper rash the likes of which I have never seen before that we just could not get rid of (was a yeast diaper rash, from the higher blood sugar). His personality had also changed (crankier, from the high blood sugar), and he had much less energy than usual right before he was diagnosed.

I would encourage anyone with a child who has more than a couple of those symptoms show up, to please just go to the doctor or hospital ER to get the blood test. It is literally a finger-prick, and if it is diabetes, the earlier it's treated, the faster your little one can start feeling better. Best of luck,

Jen

Jfly-by-nursing1.gif, partner-in-crime to Dfamilybed2.gif, mama to run.gif4, including our brand new rainbow1284.gifbaby.gifmissing my 7-wk-er

Old 12-20-2012, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I would go to the doctor  right away.  One of the things to rule out would be a UTI and another one diabetes.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List