Do I need a tetanus shot??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-22-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I sustained a superficial puncture wound (finger) a few hours ago via a thorn that was on the ground among the dirt, leaves, etc. at a park near my house. The dog I am dog sitting had just done her business and I was attempting to pick it up. Two grocery bags were covering my hand. As I reached down to pick up the pile, and before I reached the poop, I pricked my finger on a thorn that was on the ground. Considering where it was, I immediately thought that I should get a tetanus shot. It has been 11 years since my last one. I called a local nurse advice line and she seemed more concerned that the area stays clean, etc. The puncture was just enough to bleed, not a trickle, not squirting, but enough to drip off my finger for a minute or two. Tried to squeeze more blood out and it stop bleeding pretty quickly. Walked home and washed the area really well. There is no sign anything happened. My DH is going to be home in an hour and I am trying to decide what to do. I currently do not have health insurance. I called the local urgent care and it will be $50 for the shot. Should I air on the side of caution and get the shot? My intuition tells me yes. Thoughts? Advice?

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#2 of 3 Old 12-22-2012, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

No.

#3 of 3 Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks. You're my third no. Didn't do it. I sometimes get a little paranoid about things like that.

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page