sore breats, weight gain, negative otc prego test - Mothering Forums
Women's Health > sore breats, weight gain, negative otc prego test
heartis4u's Avatar heartis4u 10:40 AM 01-04-2013
Hi, I'm new here and in search of some info. I am 41 and have always had unpredictable periods but never more than a week late. I haven't had my period in over 4 months now, my feet and ankles are swollen, my breast are really sore, I've gain 11 pounds and have taken 4 otc prego tests which were all negative. Haven't been to the doctor because money is a little tight right now. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I experiencing early menopause? Lord help me lol

QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar QueenOfTheMeadow 03:14 PM 01-05-2013

Welcome to MDC!  I'm going to move this to the Health and Healing forum, since this is the Work At Home Moms forum.  I think you'll get more responses in H&H.  Enjoy the ride!  :) 

grahamsmom98's Avatar grahamsmom98 10:11 AM 01-06-2013

Call you doctor, explain the symptoms & your financial situation.  Go to Planned Parenthood.  Contact your public health services and ask about low cost-or-free pregnancy checks.

OTC pregnancy checks are not always 100%.

At your age, this is not something to mess with.  If you are pregnant, you should have already begun prenatal vitamins and care and you must think of the baby.  If you are not pregnant, you need to make sure it is only pre-menopause.  There are plenty of things that can cause your periods to stop, but the other symptoms are a worry, as well. 

You need to see someone now!

Tags: Wahm
Up