How to eradicate athlete's foot completely and forever? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I guess the title says it all. Antifungals have been tried but it always comes back. 

#2 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM

Its hard. The foot environment is conducive to athelete's foot in this person for some reason, and unless that environment is changed, it will keep coming back.

There's a few things you can try:

Athelete's foot can be one of the symptoms of systemic candida overgrowth. So if the person has any other symptoms of yeast overgrowth (such vaginal yeast infections more than once a year, sores on the corner of the mouth, diarrhea for no reason now and then, etc) then an anti-candida diet would be a good idea for the whole body. You could do a google search on candida overgrowth for a complete list of symptoms and how to treat them.

If that's not it, then:

The feet probably sweat a bit more than the average foot. So... go barefoot as much as possible, change socks a few times a day, wear sandals instead of shoes, etc.

Some people soak their feet in Scope (a mouthwash) every night and swear that works. But that's still just killing the fungus every day, not really changing the environment.

The fungus that causes athelete's foot is present everywhere. Its not possible to avoid it.

#3 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Wash any of your shoes to get it out of your shoes too. I swear by Absorbine Jr. It was originally a horse linamint, but I used to get it all the time as a runner in my teens. Treated it with Absorbine Jr in college and didn't get it again until I was pregnant for the first time. Workd so great I probably haven't had it for 10+ years. It stings something awful but doesn't last long and you don't need to treat for long either.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page