Detox before pregnancy - help please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I am currently BF my 23 month old and plan on weaning her in a month. I would like to get pregnant this summer in June or after and really want to detox/cleanse before that. I know I should wait until my baby is no longer breastfeeding but how long should I wait to TTC after stopping the detoxes and cleanses? How long should I do a detox? Also, I don't really know where to start with the detoxing. I was thinking of doing DE and kombucha along with french green clay but I don't really know much about detoxing. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

A little background: My 23 month old had laryngomalacia when she was born (floppy larynx). It was mild and did not require any treatment but I feel that her condition may have been caused by toxins in my system. I have worked in the landscaping industry and used many herbicides and pesticides for that work. I received a few vaccinations as a child (not many) and a few as a college student when I went overseas (I wish I had known better!). I eat really well now - no sugar or white flour, I soak my grains for homemade bread, drink raw clean milk, lots of pastured meats and organic veggie - ie. I eat a WAPF diet.

Thanks for any suggestions or just pointing me in the right direction!

~Fuchsia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You could try these baths once your baby is weaned http://www.magneticclay.com/productlist.php

There is also this internal kit http://www.blessedherbs.com/the-internal-cleansing-kit-whole-body-detox.aspx  -they are having a 25% off sale til the 31 with code 2013.

I really wanted to do both of these things before getting pregnant again, but it didnt happen that way :(  In fact I wasnt even able to wean before I got pregnant again!!  Hope u can do it :)  You can start drinking small amounts of kombucha and taking chlorell tablets while still nursing, and your baby can drink and eat them too.  My kids do :)  Mine actualy love chlorella, IDK why lol I think it's gross but they chew and beg for the tablets like their candy!!  What is DE?

I try to do the WAPF diet too :D

#3 of 4 Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for links! I have never heard of chlorell so I will be looking into that. DE is diatomaceous earth. I know it binds toxins but I am not sure if is mobilizes them as well...Anyway, I hope I can make it through the weaning and detox too!

#4 of 4 Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

O yeah duh, DE I knew that lol.  Mercola actually just put out an article on chlorella yesterday!  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/28/chlorella-for-mercury-poisoning.aspx

I''m taking it while pregnant too, and I always take some when I eat seafood and for a long time I took it every time I'd drink kombucha.  I get mine from livesuperfoods.com

I was also going to take this after weaning my son  bc I have acne issues http://www.trilighthealth.com/Health-Concerns/Skin-Conditions/Detox-Ayurvedic-Care-Remedy-Naturally-Purifies-healing-herbs-clear-Up-Eczema-Dermatitis-Acne-p156.html  but didnt get the chance to obviously :D

A really good book I wish I would have read preconception is Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck, it doesnt talk about detox but I think you'd enjoy it!!

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page