January is National Cancer Prevention Month - what do you do to protect yourself? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

I just noticed on our editorial calendar for January that this is National Cancer Prevention Month - which many of you may be aware of. So I thought it would be a good idea to talk about cancern prevention so we can be more aware of what we can do for ourselves and our families to protect our health.

The first thing that comes to my mind is improving your diet and lifestyle to avoid or remove those things that are carcinogenic. But that seems so general. What specific things could we do to reduce our risks of cancer? Anyone have information or advice to share? shy.gif

#2 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Exercise, and turmeric capsule. Turmeric is a potent antioxidant with proven anticancer, and anti-inflammatory benefits. Exercise helps keep my bodyfat in check as being over weight is also linked to cancer. I drink lots of water, and I use natural deodorant so I dont get all those chemicals going into my skin by my lymphnodes. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables with whole grains, to help transport waste and get more phytonutrients that are also good for preventing cancer. 

If I do all this and get cancer anyway, at least my body will be in prime shape for the battle, so its win-win.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#3 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

thumb.gif

I do much the same - especially the tumeric. It has great anti-inflammatory properties as well!

Anyone do an early screening?

#4 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I take many supplements, but niacin (in much higher than RDA doses) and vitamin C are perfect for keeping cancer from ever growing. There is very exciting research for those already diagnosed with many cancers (those types which have opioid receptors on the cell surface) about using very low doses of a very safe, off-patent drug called naltrexone (originally developed to use in higher doses to treat opiate addiction). Www.ldninfo.org. Incidentally LDN is also being used to treat a wide variety of auto-immune conditions.

Do yourself a favor this year, and read some articles on www.doctoryourself.com. I learned of this website, and was introduced to macro-nutrition when all three of my kids (one under one year at the time) had whooping cough at the same time. It was insane. They were cured with high doses (multiple gram doses) of vitamin C.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#5 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

stem cells ...BM is loaded with them the active ingredient kills cancer cells and shrinks tumors

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page