Fever, diarrhea, vomit, back pain, etc. (TMI) What could it be? What can I take? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What do you think these symptoms could be? What can I take?

First I got a very bad headache one night. Then I got my period.

The next night I threw up, felt nausea. Later on I had a fever all night.

Followed by diarrhea. Fever is gone now. no more vomiting. Diarrhea ia a bit better.

But, my body feels like a truck ran over it, and I still have  very bad back pain.

My throat does NOT hurt, no sneezing, no coughing, etc. I am not pregnant.

I originally thought it was food poisoning, but why the back pain?

What do you think this is? What can I take to get better?

Thanks a lot :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sometimes  UTI that has started to infect the kidneys will cause back pain.  I think you should see your doctor, since kidney infections can be really serious.  Any urinary symptoms?  Even if the answer is no, you could still have a UTI or kidney infection.  

Best of Luck. 

winner.jpg Mama to twoboys (4bouncy.gif years old and 16 months old joy.gif) and wife to the best hubby on earth malesling.GIF.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMommy View Post

Sometimes  UTI that has started to infect the kidneys will cause back pain.  I think you should see your doctor, since kidney infections can be really serious.  Any urinary symptoms?  Even if the answer is no, you could still have a UTI or kidney infection.  

Best of Luck. 

HI,

Could it be a UTI, even if I have never suffered with that?

What could a kidney infection come from? Why?

Thanks for your advice :)

Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM

UTIs can happen to anyone, but women get them more often than men.  They can just happen when somehow bacteria gets into the urethra.   They are actually very common, especailly if you are sexually active. For it to cause fever and vomiting, though, it would have probably become a kidney infection, which is what can happen when UTIs go unchecked.  But I'm not a doctor or nurse.  I really think it is worth a call or a visit.  Even if you have never had a UTI, it is possible to get one at any point in your life. 

I'm not sure about diarrhea or headache, but all the other symptoms could be kidney related. 

I have no medical training, so don't get worried, but do talk to a professional so that you can feel better soon!

:) 

winner.jpg Mama to twoboys (4bouncy.gif years old and 16 months old joy.gif) and wife to the best hubby on earth malesling.GIF.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMommy View Post

UTIs can happen to anyone, but women get them more often than men.  They can just happen when somehow bacteria gets into the urethra.   They are actually very common, especailly if you are sexually active. For it to cause fever and vomiting, though, it would have probably become a kidney infection, which is what can happen when UTIs go unchecked.  But I'm not a doctor or nurse.  I really think it is worth a call or a visit.  Even if you have never had a UTI, it is possible to get one at any point in your life. 

I'm not sure about diarrhea or headache, but all the other symptoms could be kidney related. 

I have no medical training, so don't get worried, but do talk to a professional so that you can feel better soon!

:) 

Thanks so much. :)

If its not a UTI, do you have any idea what it could be? I am just worried...

smile.gif

Old 01-27-2013, 07:45 PM

I really don't have any other ideas!  Since tomorrow is Monday, call your doctor and see if you can get in to be checked.  If you get a high fever again overnight, I would probably go to the ER.  Okay-- here's a disclaimer-- I have a tendancy to overreact to health-related stuff.  I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, so if I sound alarmist it's just the disorder talking!  Most normal people don't think back pain = kidney infection.  Still, having your symptoms checked by a doctor is not a bad idea. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 PM

I'm gonna go with norovirus. Google it. It's pretty rampant this year.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehogs4 View Post

I'm gonna go with norovirus. Google it. It's pretty rampant this year.

Thanks, I started to read about it. But, I am wondering if that is what I have, since I only vomited once, just a little bit.

They said that the Norovirus has violent vomiting episodes. I have not had violent vomiting episodes...

And I have had lots of diarrhea. I had the bad headache 1 night, fever 1 night, But, the back pain several days & nights.

I feel like my body has the flu, tired, weak, sleepy, but I do not have a sore throat, no sneezing, no respiratory problems.

Just feel like a truck ran over me. With a bad back pain....

What should I take?

Thanks for your help :)

Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 PM

I had norovirus this year and I vomited only once.  I would have thrown up more if I hadn't slept through the worst of it and taken Pepto-Bismol.  My friend had noro and all she had was diarrhea.  It's possible to not vomit repeatedly with noro.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazurii View Post

I had norovirus this year and I vomited only once.  I would have thrown up more if I hadn't slept through the worst of it and taken Pepto-Bismol.  My friend had noro and all she had was diarrhea.  It's possible to not vomit repeatedly with noro.

Ok, so there are different symptoms to it.

Then I must have it.

Since I was not feeling well, I was not eating much,

I guess that is why I vomited just once. But, still have the diarrhea, back pain, etc. My stools are getting better, but still not normal...

What did you take for it?

How long does it last?

Thanks for your help :)

Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 AM

Less than a week usually. Lots of fluid and rest. Lots of hand washing! I'm an ibuprofen fan. Feel better! I'm sure h worst is over.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM

We just had the norovirus going around.  It was HORRIBLE.  I dry heaved a bunch for about half an hour and had diarrhea for four days.  Scary explosive diarrhea.  My toddler had diarrhea for a day then threw up for four more days.  None of us had a fever but I definitely had horrible body aches and felt completely wiped out.  We all had nausea lasting for a full seven days after we got sick.  Even my six year old who barely ever gets sick was miserable for a full week and unable to eat much for days after her vomiting had stopped.  

I hope that isn't what you have!  But it does sound similar minus the fever.  When I had a kidney infection I started peeing blood within 12 hours of the first symptoms.  It was the one time (thankfully) I've ever had one, so I don't know if peeing blood is normal every time or not.  Also I would think if you had an infection like that the fever might have continued and not gone away so quickly?

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List