Cradle Cap Success! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2013, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My son is 5, he still struggled with cradle cap despite gut support and vitamins etc.

I talked with a women at our co-op grocery store and she mentioned coconut oil. I have been hesitant to use any oil as it really stick to the hair for quite some time. However coconut oil is not like that. After I talked with her I went to the baking section (same coconut oil but $4 cheaper!).

You have to put it in warm water to get it to liquefy, then I put it on his cradle cap, waited 30 minutes then had a bath.

All the scabby things were gone! First time! He still has dry scalp and I continue to use it but no more of the matted yucky stuff!

Hope this helps someone as I had tried SO many things with no luck!

Kim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

That's good news.

I use the Whole Foods brand of coconut oil (for cooking) for just about everything! It liquifies in your hands from the warmth.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's so great when something simple like coconut oil does the trick. In case you need to try something else, Calendula infused in olive oil is  great remedy for this. It is soothing to the skin, helps with healing cuts and scrapes, and is completely safe for children. Herb Pharm offers a Calendula infused oil if you ever need it.

Tags
Health Healing , Herb Pharm
User Tag List