Healthy Detox Plan while BFing toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've read a few similar past threads on this topic, but they kind of left my head spinning with very little help with specifics.

I have an 18 month old who nurses, as well as eating plenty of solids, and is offered multi-vits (not always taken) and fish oil w/ vit. C supplements.  We do plenty of veggie/fruit/tofu smoothies, and she eats broccoli as her main preferred veggie (usually 2x day).  We also love to drink kombucha, and do so up to a few times per week.

I am also in the process of removing gluten from our diet.  We are very moderate on sugar, and almost never consume refined/processed sugar products.  

Can anyone recommend a detox plan for me to do a general cleanse?  My goal is to speed up any removal of gluten build up in my digestive tract and aid in the health and detoxing of liver and kidneys.

What I do understand is it can be bad to do lemon juice first thing, as it pumps toxins right through me to her.  I do not want to bog down her system, but hope to help eliminate from my own.  Is this possible while nursing?  Can anyone give me a good protocol or product to use?  I'm not really interested in expensive products, but more food-based ideas and tinctures/herbs/teas.  I currently use Wellbutrin for depression/anxiety, but hope to stop using it once I have better health to support my mental state.

Thanks in advance!  :)

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List