Small ovarian cyst and small ovarian follicles on the left. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everybody! 

I had a miscarriage 6 month ago. I just received copy of my records but unfortunately I’m not a doctor   so I don’t understand what it says. Can you please explain in plane language what does it mean. I don’t know what to think. When I had those ultrasounds nobody told me anything. Maybe there is nothing to worry about but I still would like to know what all this means and if this cyst is normal.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

Here what it says

There is also subchorionic scattered areas of cystic change anteriorly to the gestational sac and also to the right of the gestational sac suggesting small subchorionic hemorrhages. The right ovary contains a small slightly complex cyst of approximately 1.50cm in size. The left ovary contains tiny follicles.

Next ultrasound says

No free fluid in the cul-de-sac. In the right ovary, there is a complex cyst measuring 2.4 cm with single septation. This cyst shows mild increase in size when compared with the prior examination. No pelvic mass is seen bilaterally. No free fluid within the pelvis. No adnexal mass.

#2 of 5 Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I'm very sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  I can't answer all of your questions, but maybe I can help with a few things.  Free fluid is usually seen around the ovaries after you ovulate and can be an indication of ovulation.  At other times in your cycle, I'm not sure what it indicates.  Follicles are normally present on your ovaries, eggs develop inside of the follicles before ovulation.  It is normal to have several small ones.  Cysts often develop on the ovaries but for different reasons.  Since you had been pregnant, one of the cysts could have been the corpus luteum.  This is a follicle that has released an egg and then turns to making progesterone to support a pregnancy.  It is normal to have one of these in the first trimester.  The report does not say what the cysts are, but one might be the corpus luteum.  A subchorionic hemorrhage is an area between the gestational sac/amniotic sac and the wall of the uterus.  It's kind of like a bruise that can cause bleeding.  I'm not sure what it might indicate in this case.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 5 Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much for you reply.I really, really appreciate it!! This is the second day that I got my record and I was going crazy about this cyst. In my report it doesn’t say what kind of cyst this is. 

#4 of 5 Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Are you going to see a new doctor?  Perhaps they can explain.  It would be good to know what kind of cyst.  I know that when I had my first ultrasound at about 6 weeks pregnant, they said I had a cyst that was the corpus luteum and that it would go away on its own around the end of the first trimester, so it makes sense that you might have one too.  I hope you are able to get some more answers soon to put your mind at ease.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 5 Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

I went to see a doctor. But she didn't check me and at that time I did have results with me. We talked, she asked me lots of questions and at the end she said that she doesn't see anything to be consern about.

But I sent it to her 2 days ago to take a look. So lets see what she might say. Just waiting and not knowing that part is just killing me. 

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page