8 month old has cold - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD2 is almost 8 months and has her sisters cold. I'm out of town at the in laws without my usual stuff. Her small barky cough and wet breathing is upsetting. It's not terrible but still I don't want it to get worse. What can I do? Eculyptis? Vit C? Homeopatjics? There is a small natural food store here. Secondly, is all barky coughs croup? Someone mentioned that to me, so just wondering.

Cloth diapering, Non-Vax, Bedsharing Mama to Maya 3-25-08, Mila 6-28-12 and DP Marc joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Barky was croup here. I'd do humidity (steamy bathroom) or cold air (cool mist humidifier or outside) to see if it helps. Read up on stridor and similar signs of distress.

Personally, I'd rely on breastmilk for the immunity boost. I can't think of anything else likely to help with a virus that I'd give a baby that young. If it makes you feel good to try something more the vitamin c or homoepathic certainly won't hurt. Your breastmilk is much better than those though. I hope she's better soon!

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

Old 02-22-2013, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I agree with the post above. Cool night air was so helpful for my son (bundle baby up). Croup can be a variety of viruses, but breastmilk and cool or cold moist air nipped it in the bud.

Sodium ascorbate is excellent I have found for respriratory illnesses also.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List