plantar wart! help!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I have a super painful plantar wart on the bottom of my right foot. I ended up getting it when I was 8 months pregnant, so I've had it for 2 months now. I have been limping around, especially when I wear anything other than slippers. I am currently using an otc salicylic acid paste, which im not even sure is working but it stings, and when I peel it off it feels like it's ripping off my skin. Other remedies I've tried are, banana peel, acv, soaking in hot salt water/ Epsom salt water, bleach, salt, and duck tape. Anybody have any advice?
applejuice likes this.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#2 of 8 Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unfortunately I'm not sure anything is quick unless you see a podiatrist and they cut it out. We do the salicylic acid in conjunction with duct tape and it still takes week. And yes, you are pretty much wripping the skin off your foot - the good with the bad.
#3 of 8 Old 03-26-2013, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

I am going for my postpartum check up tomorrow and I'm hoping I can convince my Dr to put silver nitrate on it and maybe get a rx for genital wart cream. Idk what the heck to do, it's killing me! I have also contemplated making a paste with vit c, maybe tape raw garlic....
It has turned all white and now it has a brown center. Not really sure if that's good or bad

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

#4 of 8 Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Well, he wouldn't do the silver nitrate or the rx. But he did give me a referral for the podiatrist.

#5 of 8 Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM

An untried idea is tea tree essential oil. It kills viruses, and warts are usually viral, right? Tea tree is penetrating, so it might work. Good luck!
#6 of 8 Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

That's an idea! I do have some tto, I can try that tonight after I trim off the dead skin. Last night it seemed like the middle is red and spreading so I am really hopeful that it is normal skin coming up!

#7 of 8 Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Just in case anyone ever stumbles upon this thread looking for help with a plantar wart, colloidal silver is the answer. Soak the pad of a band aid with colloidal silver, change it twice a day. I am nothing short of amazed at the rapid recovery!

#8 of 8 Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 AM

That's great!!!

Thanks for the info! I'll add that to my list of home remedies.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page