Healing a leaky gut in a child, where do I start?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 5 year old who was diagnosed with Celiac and has been gluten free for almost a year is still underweight and not growing. My head is spinning from all the research I've done so far and I don't know where to start with the healing process. It's very apparent that just going gluten free is not enough. I would love some helpful links about healing a leaky gut in young children.
#2 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

have you also eliminated all processed foods and sugars (even limiting fruits) and been eating a traditional foods, low GI diet?  

Lots of bone broth, grass fed organic butter, eggs, and meat.  cultured foods.  

supplements i would be giving daily mixed in applesauce would be slippery elm, magnesium, colostrum, and l-glutamine.  also, probiotics and enzymes daily.  i believe others recommend FCLO as well.  

HTH!

#3 of 4 Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Please look into the GAPS diet or the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Both are supposed to heal the gut, but they are very strict diets. I hope something works for your little one!

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#4 of 4 Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

as anybody heard about the Buteyko breathing method? I was sent this link about http://learnbuteyko.com/buteyko-for-kids/ also check out the introduction video any comments or suggestions would be appreciated - many thanks Bill

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page