Doctors check-ups, necessary for baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, first time poster here. Is it necessary for me to take my DS, almost 5 months, for every Doctor check up?

We weight him at home, he is gaining weight normally. A pound every month, he is a BFing champ. We aren't vaccinating, so we don't need those services. So unless I have a question or concern I need to bring to their attention, which I don't, for now at least. Am I missing something that they do, and we should really go?

I'm all for preventitive care and DS does have health insurance. We have only skipped the last check-up, the 4 month.

Thanks for your time and input smile.gif
#2 of 4 Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi there! Besides weight, height, vaxes, they do check for other things. If it were me in your shoes, I would definitely go to the 6 month and the year visits. No 9 month visit. Bring your records of weighing your baby and charting everything. Good for you for doing that! I think it's perfectly ok that you skipped the 4 month. My kids are older. We selectively/delayed vaxes. Since they aren't getting anymore vaccines, I skipped a few visits for them. DD skipped her 3-year and her 2, 4 and 5 year were a few months after her birthday. DS hasn't been to the doctor since 18 months and will be 3 in a few weeks. He is scheduled for a visit then. HTH!

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes that helps, thank you. I'm glad to know I am not being a 'bad' mom just cuz I skipped an appointment. I think I will go for the 6 month. Not like it will hurt anything.
#4 of 4 Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm in a position where I don't have a choice and have to go to all appointments - however there is an upside to this and that is establishing a relationship with the doctor so that if you do have to go for illness down the road, the doctor knows your child and you can feel more comfortable.

If I did not have to go - I would probably skip the 9 month visit. 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page