Any insight with 6yo health/behavioral issues? Terrible finger biting, pee accidents, reflux... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any insight with these 6yo issues? First, he was EC'd yet has nearly always had potty accidents, daytime and nighttime. Went to ped urologist in August 2012, full of poop. Miralax until just a few days ago. Is on his third round of medication trying to reduce bladder spasms, nothing so far is working. On the one hand, he says he cannot feel it coming out and I did see that happen when he was three. But he will also sit in very wet pants because he doesn't feel like taking the time to change.
He also has reflux, which went away when we removed dairy, but came back when adding things in during GAPS. We are still mainly off dairy, so I am at a loss. He did have Chiro adjustment, didn't help.

The other issue, well among many, is for about a year he has been biting on his nails but it has gotten much worse now. He not only bites the nails but also the skin on the ends of his fingers. He takes so much off its red and raw. He said he eats it. What can I do to help him? Can't afford to put band aids on each finger every day plus I think that would just be covering up the symptom. I tend to nail bite myself but not so much if I keep my hands busy. He does the same thing to his big toes. His personality is 'high 'spirited'. He is sensitive, quick to anger, had problems with transition when younger but that seems better now. Thanks!

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-23-2013, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Anyone have any insight for this mama?  Bump

#3 of 3 Old 05-24-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! We resolved one issue anyways, within a week or two of going off the miralax, he stopped the severe finger chewing. Still has the other issues though. Had a formal uro dynamics test done for his accidents which didnt show anything definitive so now he has to have a VCUG to rule out all physical abnormality. Which stinks because that test also he has to be cath'd.

And his 1st grade teacher thinks he may have some sensory issues going on but I haven't even had a chance to check into that yet.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page