Need some positive thoughts sent my way- chiro found scary lump on DS today - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Mamas-

My precious 4 yr old boy is seeing the chiropractor for treatment following a pretty bad car accident 6 weeks ago.  Thankfully the car seat and the Honda Odyssey kept him (mostly) safe, but he has some pretty typical aches and pains.

Today the chiro was palpating DS's back in an area he consistently complains about...and the doc found a "mass".  He said it's clearly not muscular, it's close to the spine, and about golf-ball size; he had me feel it, and I nearly lost it.

He said we should see the pediatrician asap to have it checked; we have an appt tomorrow morning at 11:30.  In the meantime, this is a shameless appeal for some mama love and positive energy to be sent my way! My best friend (and DS's Godmother) is out of the country and DH is dealing with some pretty serious injuries from the wreck, so my usual support system isn't very available.  I'm PMS'ing pretty hard, and the fear of the unknown, added to the stress of the last few weeks has me just about losing it totally!

#2 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM

Sending you lots of positive vibes. And a big hug! I hope everything turns out to be fine.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#3 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh how scary!! 

Hopefully it is nothing! Hugs mama. hug2.gif. Keep us posted!!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 01:42 PM

hug.gif I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I really hope it ends up being something trivial. Lots of love and positive thoughts to you and your little man! Also hope for a swift recovery for your DH <3
#5 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 04:18 PM

Many prayers and tons of mama love coming your way! 

#6 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 04:30 PM

Sending lots of hugs your way!

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#7 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 PM

Sending lots of thoughts and hopes for good news... (((Hugs)))

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page