Skin INFECTION, please HELP out, what could it be, what can I put on it? Thanks! It has PUS, its red, a bit purple, it hurts. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-22-2013, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Last Wednesday, I thought I had a mosquito bite. A swollen area on my skin, with some redness & purple. It also looked a bit bruised.

SInce, I thought it was a bite, I left it alone. Since this happened on Wednesday, I started to get worried. The actual bump is smaller, but the redness around it, is bigger. I tried squeezing it, to get the pus out, and it really really hurts, I got a little bit out, and then the redness increased a bit. Maybe from the sqeezing?

In the past, if I had a mosquito bit,it was easy to get the pus out, and then everything was fine. It is very hard & painful to get the pus out of this.

I looked at pictures of staph, and it does not look like that, not sure though?

I do not have a fever, or chills. I do not live in an area with poisonous spiders.

Would I have felt the bite of the spider, if it was a spider or are they like mosquitoes?

What creams with antibiotics can I place on it?

Should I be taking an antibiotic?

What should I place on it, what should I take?

I am scared, worried, should I be concerned?

Thanks so much. :)

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

#2 of 9 Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Plantain poultice is really good for insect bites and skin infections.  I find it in my backyard.

Plantain (not the banana-type fruit!)

countryangels likes this.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#3 of 9 Old 04-22-2013, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazurii View Post

Plantain poultice is really good for insect bites and skin infections.  I find it in my backyard.

Plantain (not the banana-type fruit!)

Do you know where I could get this at? IF its not in my backyard.

Thanks so much. I am scared, and it hurts. I don't want to do antibiotics or end up in the hospital (no insurance, etc.:( )

#4 of 9 Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 PM

I don't think you can buy it in a natural food store, and online would take too long.

Where (general area) do you live?  I'm in the Pacific Northwest and it's springing up all over the place.  I do have to walk down the street, though, since I don't have any in my actual backyard. 

I'm going to look up different herbs to see if there might be something better available to you.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#5 of 9 Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM

I found a link talking about turmeric poultice, that's something I can buy at my local grocery store.  It's about 1/4 of the way down the page here.  Comfrey is also good, but I've never seen it in the wild.  I think they might sell the dried stuff at a natural food store or natural remedy store.

#6 of 9 Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I found a link talking about turmeric poultice, that's something I can buy at my local grocery store.  It's about 1/4 of the way down the page here.  Comfrey is also good, but I've never seen it in the wild.  I think they might sell the dried stuff at a natural food store or natural remedy store.

Awesome! thumb.gif Thanks so much for the link & all of your help! Cheers!

#7 of 9 Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I don't think you can buy it in a natural food store, and online would take too long.

Where (general area) do you live?  I'm in the Pacific Northwest and it's springing up all over the place.  I do have to walk down the street, though, since I don't have any in my actual backyard. 

I'm going to look up different herbs to see if there might be something better available to you.

Thanks so much! :)

Bumping thread in case someone out there has info. on the hard spot, the part that might be filled with pus, is still there.

Less redness, less swelling, NO fever, no itching, but hard spot is still there...

Thank you all :)

#8 of 9 Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM

Having had some kind of similar-sounding skin infection like this quite a few years ago (hurt, red, felt warm, developed pus-filled bulge) - I had pretty good luck using a comfrey salve and eventually (mainly because the skin eventually broke) antibiotic ointment.  I used an older version of the Burt's bees res Q ointment (that seems like it had more comfrey in it than the current recipe).  Mountain Rose Herbs makes another version too (good notes about proper use - don't use it if your wound breaks open).  Some version of black salve might be helpful also/instead if you felt it fit your conditions better :   This is one (basically an herbal-charcoal salve)  that I'd suggest -- but I think you can other charcoal drawing salves at your basic pharmacies as well.

#9 of 9 Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 PM

A couple of homeopathic remedies to think about

ledum: for insect bites, wounds with punctures in origin. Swelling, can be fluid filled, itchy. More temperature neutral or the area actually feels cold. It feels good to put cold on the bite. 

apis: for red, swollen, burny-feeling bites, stings and other ailments. Can be quite fluid filled. Hot really aggravates- wants cold. 

hepar sulph: very sensitive to touch, thick, yellow pus. 

silica: helps with suppurating wounds, helps to expel pus and speed toward healing. 

In your case, i would maybe check out hepar and silica. I am keeping this general, because with homeopathic remedies, it's very dependent on the person and the characteristics of the ailment. You can look these up online and get an idea. Try taking a few doses of 30c, which is what they sell at healthfood stores, usually the Boiron or Washington Homeopathic brands. 

calendula- you can get the oil and put in a few drops with water and bathe it daily. 

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page