Does anyone have AVIVA ROMM'S respiratory immune tonic recipe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I can't remember if it was a recipe she posted on facebook or sent in an email?  I tried searching her website and couldnt find the one im looking for.  It was a post she wrote on how she healed her grand daughters chronic cough.  I believe it elderberry syrup and echinacea tincture, but im not 100%.  I also, dont know what the dosage would be for my 5 year old.  

Ive found her other recipe that has elderberry plus 5 more herbs, but this other one just seemed so easy for me since ive never worked with tinctures before and i could just pick up the two items at whole foods for now.  

Im trying to strengthen my sons respiratory system as it seems he gets many colds and coughs.  so any other info on that would also be appreciated:)  thank you mamas!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I Googled it but couldn't find anything. I also get her e-mails but like you, I don't remember either. How about sending her an e-mail?

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

#3 of 4 Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi nycmom18,

I posted this recipe to Facebook back in January after my grand-daughter responded so well to it. The effectiveness of the herbs really got the attention of her pediatrician-mom!  Here you go:

Equal parts of echinacea glycerite, elderberry syrup, anise seed tincture, and catnip tincture. Mix and give 1 dropper 4-6 times/day. Continue for up to a week and if there's a tendency for recurrent coughs stay on it for several weeks. The echinacea prevents recurrence, the elder is a respiratory immune tonic, the catnip relaxing and the anise mucolytic and a respiratory antispasmodic.

Love,

Aviva

Aviva Romm, MD, CPM

Author: The Natural Pregnancy Book, Naturally Healthy Babies and Children

www.avivaromm.com

#4 of 4 Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thank you Aviva!  Your information from your website, blog etc. it just so rewarding and much appreciated!  Im looking forward to your e-course on pediatrics for parents.  While I've got you:), I also notice you recommend zinc supplements for a lot of issues.  Is this something that I should have my son's levels tested prior to supplementing, or can I just go ahead with your dosage recommendations for his age? Also, is there a specific brand you recommend?

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List