New to SCD - need recipe ideas - child dx w crohns - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, just started SCD, and doing ok. Been giving my son veal burgers and roasted butternut squash and acorn squash.  Thankfully, he's tolerated this well for 3 weeks.  Ready to increase variety (and he's really bored of this) to add more items.  

1. For veggies, I boiled frozen broccoli until mushy, and cut off stalks.  Hoping he'll be ok with just the tops, but worried if this is too fibrous and hard to digest. I plan on adding it to his veal burger or making a patty and frying it with an egg. Does this sound ok?  

2.I also bought some cashew butter from whole foods.  For recipe for cashew cake posted here that calls for cashew butter, does it matter if it has oil added into butter?  I heard somewhere else that cake won't come out if it has oil.  Wondering if it matters.  Also, I need more recipes for using cashew butter, w/o using cashew flour as he is not ready for the flours.  

3.Lastly, I bought some cheddar cheese and colby cheese to try.  Any ideas on how to introduce this.  I'm worried to rock the boat when not having D or pain.

Appreciate any comments and suggestions. 

#2 of 2 Old 05-27-2013, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi and Welcome :)  How old is your son?

*~Kelly~*
 Waldorf Mom to 9 blessings ~6 by birth and 3 by fost/adopt~

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page