Subchorionic hematoma - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2013, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been taking vitamin k2 (naturally occurring from Natto) for my teeth for several months. I'm nursing a 17 month old and my gums were starting to bleed a lot. I saw a huge improvement in my teeth -- not just in the gums, but also in the hardness of my teeth.

I'm now 6 weeks pregnant with my second child. As I understand it, vitamin k2 has a lot of benefits for baby, so I've continued to take it. I started to bleed this past weekend and found out that I have a subchorionic hematoma--blood is collecting between the uterine wall and chorionic membrane. The midwife didn't act as if it was that big a deal, but I understand that it can increase your risk for 2nd trimester miscarriage and pre-term labor if it doesn't resolve.

Does anyone know if vitamin k (a coagulant) would CAUSE the blood to clot in the uterus and become a problem.......or would it help remove the clot. Forgive my pregnant brain, but I feel confused about this and am finding various conflicting opinions online. I don't see my midwife for another month and I'm just trying to make the decision to stop of continue the vitamin k. My prenatals have some in it too. 

Any experience or advice would be appreciated...

Happily married to DH 

Stay-at-home mama to DS1 (01/12) & DS2 (01/14)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2013, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't have any experience with the vitamin, but I did have a huge subchorionic bleed with my second. It resolved, after I passed clots the size of softballs around 10 weeks and thought I miscarried. I did go on to have him 6 weeks early, but was induced for a supposed maternal health problem that turned out to not be so serious...so I'm not sure if the bleed had anything to do with it or not! 

Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will see this post and comment!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

An anticoagulant for sure would encourage it to continue bleeding vs resolving its self. I would abstain for a week or two to see if it resolves.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List