18.5 month old with reoccurring fevers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-30-2013, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter has been getting random fevers every 4-8 weeks for months now. She had 3 simple febrile seizures in 4 months, then on Tuesday she had 5 complex febrile seizures. The first fever/seizure they said was due to an ear infection. Since then, she has had no causes for the fever found. We spent Tuesday night in the hospital because we had to use the rescue meds to stop the last seizure. It was horrifying. Now she is coughing and doesn't stop until clear mucus comes up. It takes her breath away. She is calmer than normal (she is normally very high energy and thinks sleep is for the weak), crabby and clingy. I give motrin/tylenol every 3-4 hours and the fever doesn't always go below 100.4 with the medicine. Her ped said she was a puzzle since she had a temp when I took her in today and she wasn't due for medicine. Abbie is 18.5 months old, no vaxes, still bfing, no daycare, has silent reflux, was FTT but is doing great now, milk intolerant and has eczema. I'm not sure what is going on, but I know it's not normal. Anyone have any helpful experience?

#2 of 4 Old 05-30-2013, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Gosh,what does your pediatrician say? How stressful....*hugs *to you and your dd. I hope someone has advice as I do not...I just wanted to send positive vibes your way mama.

#3 of 4 Old 05-30-2013, 11:47 PM

If she is having continuous fevers her pediatrician should be running blood work and so on especially if they are causing seizures and lasting for days and days.

#4 of 4 Old 05-31-2013, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Since there are no obvious infections, I am told my the hospital and the ped that it's probably a virus. Her ped told me to come back Monday if she still has a fever and he will run labs. I haven't given her motrin or tylenol in 13 hours and she no longer has a fever, but she is coughing, clingy, crabby and hoarse still.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page