Amber Oil and Pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I use Amber Oil daily as a perfume that I dab on the wrist, neck, and back of neck. It makes me happy and I don't really feel like I'm "me" without it on I just feel odd. Any way I'm thinking of TTC this year probably start trying around fall. Someone mentioned I shouldn't use it at all when I am pregnant.

So I was hoping to find someone on here who is well versed in essential oils to tell me the facts. Is it bad to just wear Amber when pregnant? If so can you please tell me the reasons why. Also if it is a no-no for pregnancy is it "okay" for TTC or should it be a few months before when I stop using it?

Thanks for any help you can offer me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a clinical aromatherapist, my first question is the quality of an essential oil. I always use therapeutic quality EOs, and tend to make my own blends, or use blends from a reputable company. I would look at each EO added to Amber oil specifically to see if it safe to use during pregnancy. Also, are you confident in the oil you have?

My intuition is that I personally wouldn't feel safe using a blend like this. Too much risk for getting a synthetic or chemical added in the process. Feeling confident in the company and their purity testing of the EOs will help you make a more educated decision. Also, you could muscle test, use a pendulum, or your own intuition to determine if it's safe for you.

Let me know if you would like more details about the specific EOs in your particular brand of Amber oil. Hope that helps! smile.gif

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List