How to stock my natural medicine cabinet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2013, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas!  I'd like to know: What do you consider the basics/fundamentals/essentials of your natural medicine cabinet?*

Right now I pretty much just keep on-hand colloidal silver, tea tree oil, activated charcoal, turmeric and coconut oil, which has been fine for me 'til now.  However, I have a baby now and want to have my medicine cabinet ready for any illnesses that might crop up along the way!   I live in Europe, and many natural remedy ingredients aren't easily available here, so I want to stock up on my next trip to the U.S.

*Disclaimer: My "medicine cabinet" is just a shoe box in my bedroom cabinet.  :)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have eucalyptus oil for stuffy ness and congestion.   Lavender oil for rashes/bites.   Witch Hazel, garlic oil, a rice bag.  Plus I also do have pain reliever, cold med, benadryl, neosporin and bandaids, tapes, wraps.  Which aren't "natural" but a need IMO.  I also really love my "green stuff" from Burts Bees.  I put it on bruises and scrapes and bug bites.  

Mommy to 3 gifts from God! 
Nate dog 5/15/04
Lil' G 11/8/07
My Shamrock 3/17/10
ribbonpink.gif
Old 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

we have mint (as in the plant and I dry it) red raspberry leaf, strawberry leaf, blueberry leaf, lemon balm - all dried, in addition to many other herbs, some fresh (year rounds) and some I have to keep dried

I have a live aloe plant and raw honey for burns

elderberry soaked brandy (cold and or flu care)

thieves oil

I also travel with a bottle of peroxide (I know it's not natural) and I carry honey sticks as well

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List