My sister and I are going to get tested - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sister Julia and I are going to get tested if we have the breast cancer gene next week.Found my mother has breast cancer yesterday which was caught in the very early stages.My sister and I talked about doing this last night,we don't know if we have this gene and know we are at risk having this.Talked to my mother's doctor about this and he agreed on the testing,better safe than sorry.Julia and I are going to be there for support with our love.Our mother raised us right and is a loving grandmother that spoils our kids very well.

#2 of 6 Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 AM

I'm sorry to know about your mother and so glad they caught it early. Is your mother young? I certainly hope you don't carry the gene. Many, many hugs.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

My mother is 58 years old,she is glad we are there for support showing our love to her.I cheered her up with a song by Martina McBride:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYNOXRifXKQ

#4 of 6 Old 07-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

If you are found to have the gene, what will you do?

#5 of 6 Old 08-02-2013, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

My sister and I have it,doctor said be aware and do the monthly breast exams.My mother is doing great keeping her head up high,knows we are there for her for support.

#6 of 6 Old 08-16-2013, 09:49 PM

have you found out your results? FWIW my aunt had breast cancer and was tested for the BRCA? gene and she tested negative. Some genetic tests like 23 andme will give you a full report on your health risks. I didn't use that program but went through a different one. I know I have several risk genes for many cancers and other ailments such as autoimmune diseases, diabetes, obesity etc. With the exception of a rogue atypical mole and a weird bout of autoimmune like symptoms never diagnosed, I have not been diagnosed with any of the diseases I carry genes for. Just keep that in mind. Many people carry several genes for diseases but they never manifest. For me, seeing my results has not only made me think about my lifestyle choices, but my childrens lifestyle choices as well. 

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page