Know anything about Thyroid Issues vs Lyme - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-23-2013, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I understand none of you are Dr's and I am not expecting a diagnosis.  Lord knows Dr's cannot even figure out Lyme.  But I am trying to work through this.  I have no insurance until mid Sept so I am doing my own research in the meantime.  Then off to the Dr and will at least be able to ask the right questions.  Any thoughts or ideas or experiences to share?  

I have chronic lyme.  I am 41.  I originally got it 5 years ago and each spring I end up back on meds.  Normally I get all the joint and arthritis symptoms.  This year no knee pain but mentally I was about to jump off a cliff.  It was pretty scary.  After 4 days on the meds my brain started becoming clear again but ended up in bed unable to move for a couple of days due to joint pain.  

Meanwhile I have had the list of top 10 thyroid symptoms most of my life.  My grandmother has a thyroid issue and takes meds.  I forget which one she has hypo or hyper but she was diagnosed as a young woman.  I have always been told my TSH was normal so I was fine.  

In the past two years my skin has become super oily.  I have the worst adult acne ever.  Meanwhile my period has gone wonky.  Really random and now gone the past two months.  I should mention it took 5 years for me to get pregnant the first time and my period pre kids was messed up as well.  The other odd thing that has cropped up in the past two years is my total exhaustion.  Late afternoon especially.  But really I could sleep 10 hours and still want a nap the next day.  

With this latest round of lyme flair up my dr ran a whole panel of tests.  He has also asked me to come in and see him soon and sent me the test results in the meantime.  One was the CD57 which I had not had before and I fall well within the range of chronic.  Not a big surprise.  

The test flagged my DHEA as high at 4.76 (.630-4.7 normal).  I have been doing a ton of research on DHEA.  I am now really curious about PCOS.  Though to be diagnosed at 41 is not normal is it.  But here I am with a lot of the symptoms.  

On the thyroid side T4 is mid range of normal.  T3 is on the low side 2.93 (normal 2.77-5.27).  The thyroid peroxidase and thryroglobulin are at less then .9  (normal 0-4).  Meanwhile TSH is .74  (normal .46-4.68).  My last thyroid test had a higher TSH, so it has dropped.  Not sure how normal or not that is.  

Needless to say I am running through all kids of things in my mind as I scour the internet.  

ANy thoughts?  

Thank you!!!

#2 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Hi Lucyem

Sorry I don't have any experience on that. You can post this on the Ask the Experts forum to get answers from professionals. You can find it here.

#3 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 PM

Please ask your doctors to check your Vitamin D 3 (not the Total of the Ds) levels...my lyme doctor always checks my levels......if they are in the single digits, it may indicate an active lyme infection

broc1.gif
#4 of 4 Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Could you be anemic? I have read that lyme/taking all ofthe antibiotics can cause anemia. You may have more luck in a Lyme forum....I want to say that thyroid issues come up as well. And yesvit D levels can be affected as well.

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page