Sudden intense sensitivity to light? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I've always had light sensitive eyes, ever since I was very young.  To the point where I'd get headaches from squinting all day every day during the summer and to the point where I never could use a night light because the light from the night light would bother my eyes, even with my eyes closed.  I also have weird eyes- one is near sighted and one is far sighted.  I had a lazy eye when I was a child and sometimes it's just barely noticable now as an adult, when I'm tired.  I haven't seen an eye doctor in a while, 'cause my insurance doesn't cover it.  That being said...

I've had a headache (not a migraine) for three days now accompanied by extreme sensitivity to light.  Headaches that last a couple days (migraines as well as non-migraines) are common for me, usually accompanied by stress.  But... I realized how sensitive my eyes are lately when I took my son outside to play and, even though it was very cloudy today, I had my sunglasses on and the "sunlight" was still hurting my eyes, and when I was more comfortable keeping my sunglasses on once we'd come inside.

Anyone here have similar experiences?  Is this normal?

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#2 of 5 Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have what I would consider greater than normal sensitivity to light.  I can't stand bright sunny days b/c they hurt my eyes and make me feel nervous and nauseated. Good think I live in NE Ohio where it is gray most of the time LOL

It is worse and most noticeable when I have an Epstein BArr Virus flareup.  Have you been tested for that?

Mother to 6

12, 11, 9, 6, 3, 1

Pray, Hope and Don't Worry

#3 of 5 Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelpea View Post

It is worse and most noticeable when I have an Epstein BArr Virus flareup.  Have you been tested for that?

Nope, never heard of it.  Going to go look it up on Google in a minute.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#4 of 5 Old 09-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing - I'm no t typically light sensitive but have been recently. I'm coming off of a lyme infection.

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

#5 of 5 Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Odd update...

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but on the 5th day, I woke up to find Aunt Flo visiting and my light sensitivity gone (or at least, back to normal).  headscratch.gif

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page