Night sweats during ovulation and period - anyone else?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-14-2013, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please help! I am 35 years old (will be 36 next month). In Sept I had a mild night sweat on the day of ovulation (not ttc, I have strong ovulations and always know when I am). Then a couple of weeks later, had a mild night sweat the day of and day after AF started. No night sweat during ovulation a few weeks ago, but I started AF a few nights ago and had a night sweat last night (mild, not soaking through sheets or anything but damp shirt and had to change it, etc).

My gut is telling me it's a hormonal imbalance. I had something similar when I was around 22 years old but it was worse- for a few months I had horrible sheet-soaking night sweats almost every night (not just during ovulation or AF like now), my previously perfectly clear face broke out horribly, and my periods became very light. I was very worried b/c I was so young and hadn't had children...after 4 months or so it just all went away without explanation! The only other times it has happened was right after giving birth, and I think a couple times during BFing (my youngest is almost 3 and was weaned at 18 months).

I'm worried b/c I will be 36 next month and I would like to try for one more baby, I don't want to try to ttc for another year or so though (various reasons that are too much to go into right now). I just don't want anything to be wrong, fertility-wise.

All 3 of my kids were conceived the 1st or 2nd month of trying. I have never been on BC (hubby and I use NFP). I have had 4 m/c's in between my kids all in 1st trimester, tests ruled they were random chromo abnormalities. My periods have always been very regular, always between 28 and 32/33 days, and always last 5-6 days (except for that time in my early 20s that I mentioned above, when AF was scant for a few months). I went on a diet last year and lost around 20 pounds (I'm 5'3" so 20 lbs is a lot on my frame!), but in the past few months I think I've gained 5 or 10 back- don't know if this is related to these issues at all? Just had my annual OBGyn exam a few weeks ago- all was perfect. I didn't mention these issues to the gyn though .

What do you think?? Thanks in advance!

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

#2 of 5 Old 11-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I think you could have your doctor do a few blood tests to see if all is well.
Best to you!
#3 of 5 Old 11-16-2013, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying! I am starting to think I should check my thyroid. My mom is hypothyroid and I am showing symptoms of hyperthyroid, including the sweating at night, heart palpitations, and others... my period is normal though, maybe just slightly lighter than normal but close to normal...? Frustrating!

#4 of 5 Old 11-16-2013, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

I am def calling my OBGyn on Mon to have my thyroid checked...today my vision has been blurry, my heart won't stop racing, I can't stop peeing and I feel thirsty and hungry. My sister told me today she just had her thyroid checked and is waiting on results b/c she is showing signs too... I'll update once I know more, in case someone is going through the same thing and comes upon this thread.

#5 of 5 Old 01-27-2014, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

@JFTB1177, did you ever have your thyroid tested? I read recently that thyroid issues can cause miscarriages. :( I'm awaiting thyroid results myself but I know my adrenals are in the toilet so I need to address that first. This stuff is so tricky.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page