Pain/Soreness Under Left Breast - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2014, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been having pain - almost like soreness - under my left breast (where the bottom part of the bra lays) for several weeks now. It started out rather uncomfortable and now it's not too bad. Taking Advil does help with pain management, but I am wondering what it can be. I've read numerous of possibilities, but I was curious to know if anyone else feels this too. I am not pregnant and I have completed breastfeeding 2 children for several years now. I'm 32 and consider myself rather healthy. I know getting a doctor's opinion is best here, but with no health insurance I am in the process of looking into local clinics that service people like myself (can you say long waiting list?). Just looking for some input, similar stories, conversation....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Could you have cracked a rib? Can you think of any kind of accident or even tight hug that happened around the time the pain started?

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 02-15-2014, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

No, I can't think of anything that major that would result in this sort of pain/discomfort. I have felt this before, about a year ago I would say. I am a preschool teacher and I do have 2 children. I'm thinking that maybe it's some sort of hernia? The only thing that kind of puts me at ease is the fact that I get relief when I take pain reliever. I would think that if taking pain reliever helps with the pain, it can't be anything too critical. But yeah...I'm clearly no doctor.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:05 PM

Hmmm... I wish I could help. It does seem like a trip to the doc is in order. :-/ I bet it's something simple.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for responding. Wish I had some more insight from other women, but I guess seeing someone will be the best choice. Today was pretty much pain free, but tomorrow I could wake up and feel sore all day.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:02 AM

I'm wishing you the best!

joy.gif

Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I'm guessing you would have mentioned this, but is there a little lump or pimple type thing there? I had a small cyst once in just that spot that got inflamed and hurt quite a but. It had a little dimple at the top, sort of like the head of a pimple. The cyst was easily treated with antibiotics, but I still have that little dimple.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Could be a plugged duct.  I suffered from plugged ducts years after breastfeeding, not sure why, maybe because they were so active for years!, and even after breastfeeding our breasts/ducts are affected by our hormones. Treat the area like you would a breast infection; warm baths, massaging the area, and going braless when you can, avoiding under wires.  

Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM

I've been getting that, too. I had a spot directly beneath my right breast that's hurt like a bruise, then a spot on my left ribs with the same sort of feeling. I think it was actually due to the bra I was wearing. I tried going back to my old underwire bras after I was done with breastfeeding, and that seems to be the culprit. I've just been massaging arnica or the Badger muscle rub into the areas a couple of times a day, which helps. Frankly, I think I need to lose a little weight. I thought it might even be the way my skin has been pushing up. I would get pain under my breasts like a cramp when sitting up from lying down.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:59 PM

Your bra size may have changed, or your bra may just be old or ill fitting. It sounds like the underwire is pressing against your rib cage. It may be bruising you. Get measured for a new bra that fits and supports well. Our bodies change after children and with age...not to mention gravity working against us!

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List