would you wear shoes with some PVC in them? would you have your child on a blow up bed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-19-2014, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I bought an expensive pair of shoes almost two years ago. I never wear them because I found out they have some PVC. It is such a waste of money, space , worry. It seems so silly but this has been an issue.

Would you wear them??

p.s they are Dansko vegan clogs

p.s.would you have your child sleep regularly on a blow up mattress?

#2 of 3 Old 02-24-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfillmore View Post

I bought an expensive pair of shoes almost two years ago. I never wear them because I found out they have some PVC. It is such a waste of money, space , worry. It seems so silly but this has been an issue.

Would you wear them??

Well, given that there is a good possibility that the very keyboard you are using to type (and, the accompanying computer parts) contains PVC.  You car contains PVC (or, the public transport you use) and it is found in so many day-to-day items you probably touch or use, without knowing it.

I would wear the clogs if they are comfortable.  If it is such a real worry, donate them to Goodwill or dispose of them in the trash.

As for the mattress, I have done so (in the past, when we spent the night at my late Mom's apartment).  It was a heavy-duty, queen-size and was slept on, perhaps, once a month (Mom lived 90 miles away, at that time, and we would spend the night with her when we went into the city).  Ds though it all quite an adventure!  

Regularly, however?  No, but only because of the lack of good back support (that air mattress at Mom's was a real back-killer, for me, though it was ever so handy!).

#3 of 3 Old 02-24-2014, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfillmore View Post

Would you wear them??

Yes, I probably would (and probably do, I haven't checked) wear shoes with some PVC.  I would try not to buy shoes that are entirely PVC, but I'll risk a little bit of exposure in the interest of having comfy shoes.

I hate air mattresses.  It has very little to do with the PVC (although some of them really stink!), and everything to do with me finding them horribly uncomfortable, and prone to annoying slow leaks.  I much prefer those foam pads you can buy at camping supply stores; they're probably horrible from a chemical perspective, but I find them more reliable, and more comfy, than an air mattress.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page