Favorite health-enhancing practice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious about what you do that you feel most enhances your health. Maybe something you eat or don't eat? Yoga? Exercise? Sleep? Chiropractic care, massage, acupuncture, etc.? Using a neti pot? Meditation? Something else?

Thanks!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Among the things you mentioned, I'd say sleep is the most important one for me. If that is lacking then it has a domino effect on everything else.  After that, I'd say massage and a nice cup of tea through out the day. :)

Old 04-22-2014, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
For me probably sleep and a diet high in veggies and low in refined sugar.

I enjoy yoga but haven't done it consistently enough to know if it makes an observable difference.

I think exercise is good for my body but it doesn't make me feel good.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 04-22-2014, 04:46 AM

For me it's eating a paleo diet and doing lots of gardening. I really want to start doing yoga but have yet to find a class in my area.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:32 AM

You know I have done lots of things to try and improve my general health (yoga, more swimming, cutting out various foods from my diet) - some of that has been great and very effective, others not so much. But if I am being honest, the thing that I have done that has most improved my health, is simply sorting my sleeping out: getting more of it, and making sure it is better quality.

No fancy-pants things, just simple stuff: taking phone, tv, laptops out of the room, not drinking alcohol directly before going to bed, getting a better mattress (we ended up getting a best rated mattress topper as well for the OH's bad back - I recommend taking a look at this site here - http://www.zenbedrooms.com/mattress-toppers.html), and simply going to bed EARLIER. Instead of working till midnight, I slip under the covers early, and consequenlty I feel much better in the morning, and indeed throughout the day - I have more energy, and simply feel happier.

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List