Pain after gallbladder removal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I had an emergency gallbladder removal Sunday afternoon and I feel like crap. My stomach hurts all over, not just near incisions. It's just so sore! The surgeon said that some people go back to work the next day and don't take pain meds...so why is it that 3 days later I'm barely mobile? I also have pain that feels like when you get stitches in your side from running. Is this normal?? How can I heal myself?

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#2 of 6 Old 05-11-2014, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I dunno but stopping to say I'm sorry you are feeling badly. Maybe today was better? I am bumping your post in case it was missed.
Hugs
#3 of 6 Old 05-12-2014, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I have heard that sometimes there is pain after surgery because of air bubbles that get introduced into the abdomen.

This has info about what to expect after gallbladder surgery:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000117.htm

I would talk to my doctor or an advice nurse if I had continuing pain. I hope you feel better soon!
#4 of 6 Old 05-13-2014, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Thanks ladies, I am feeling better but still have burning type pain to the left of my bellybutton. :/ Im calling the surgeon today, I hope its just gas or something...

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#5 of 6 Old 05-13-2014, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm just now seeing this, I hope your surgeon has some information for you.  I had my gall bladder out a little over two years ago and the recovery was very painful for me.  Immense abdominal pain, I kept a pillow pressed against my stomach when I tried to sleep but everything was so incredibly sore.  It slowly got better but wow, it really knocked me on my butt.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#6 of 6 Old 05-25-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I hope you are feeling better. I have three younger sisters who had their gall bladders out and a niece.

All of them had phantom pains post surgery years later; this would happen after they would eat something fatty as bacon.  Ask your surgeon about that. None of my sisters were told about it; I found it in the medical literature when they were ill and they returned to their doctors to get the news.

Hope you continue to get better. It is not fun.  Drink lots of water and eat your vegies, but you were doing that before.  These things run in families too. I am sorry you are in pain.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page