Mothering Forum banner

Fibro Mamas

806 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  unruhka 
#1 ·
Sorry this is such a long first post for a new thread. I've seen some threads in the past for Fibro Mamas but they are a bit old. Thought I'd start a new one. For those with Fibromyalgia, how do you handle your day? Was pregnancy with Fibro better than normal or worse? How do you manage pain? What other ailments do you have that accompany your Fibro? Has certain diets improved or worsened your symptoms?

I'm 7-months pregnant. Pregnancy for me has been better with pain, but I've been very tired. I had to wean off of my pain medications and was able to do so by using DoTerra essential oils (Deep Blue and Frankincense and well as the Lifelong Vitality Pack). Now I realize that the Tramadol I was on was actually making my pain worse! When I found that out and talked to my sister (also a Fibro survivor), she said that's probably true because it interferes with the opioid receptors in the brain. Good to know! My little girl has saved me from a life on pain meds!!!

I have to rest a lot. It takes most of what I have just to make it through the work day, but my company is sooo flexible and supportive of me and such a blessing. I love them.

My husband has to make dinner quite a bit. He's wonderful about it. He already does most of the housework, including laundry and dishes. I'm starting to pick up a bit more now that my pain isn't quite so bad. Thank God for me that my husband is a part-time pastor, so he can pick up the slack at home, but he always works more than part time, so it can get hard on him, too.

I live with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Meniere's, depression, anxiety, thyroid and adrenal issues, TMJ, and ovarian cysts. I do think the DoTerra products are helping me heal from these. I've noticed I'm not quite as tired as I used to be. The depression and anxiety are lifting to the point where I've had many giddy moments during the day, which is odd for me, because I've never really felt such giddy moments of happiness.

As for diet, *sigh*, I've heard so many good things about different diets. I've tried a few, which didn't work for me. I've been wanting to lean towards a more alkaline diet. Anyone tried this?

Also, with the new testing showing that Fibromyalgia is originates from the central nervous system and not the muscles, think they'll change the name?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.