Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By pumabearclan

#1 of 2 Old 06-22-2014, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Hips doing bad over a year after birth?

Pregnancy was rough on my hips. From about the second trimester, I couldn't walk without a cane and I needed physical therapy for the last few months. I couldn't stand for a week after birth and couldn't walk any kind of distance until I got back to physical therapy. I've been fine since kiddo was about 3 month old, though, I've had to walk fairly regularly without any problems, etc.

Yesterday, I did more walking than I expected, but it wasn't hugely excessive, maybe 3 one mile stints over the course of a few hours. I wore kiddo for some of it (I've been wearing him regularly since he was 3 months old), less than half of it, though, maybe a mile total.

Today, I woke up and my hips are aching. I can't walk without pain and I don't know how far I'm going to be able to walk. We have to go shopping and I'm planning on bringing a cane because I don't think I can handle it otherwise.

It's really confusing me that it seems like a pregnancy/birth problem seems to be coming back over a year afterwards (kiddo is almost 14 mo). Has anyone had a similar experience?

#2 of 2 Old 06-25-2014, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
That sounds very rough and I'm sorry you are going through this!

I didn't have a similar experience with childbearing but as I've aged I've started taking natural gelatin because I walk a LOT and I was sometimes getting hip pain. Also pain in my elbows after using my freeweights.

I dissolve a scant teaspoon in my morning coffee. It seems to help. At the least it can't hurt

Qigong could strengthen your joints and give you more flexibility and body awareness for posture and stride.

I am also a fan of Orthaheel sandals and shoe insoles. Maybe some of this trouble is coming from your locomotion.

I hope this situation soon gets resolved for you!
sillysapling likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page