Anyone Use Kaiser? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2014, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Anyone Use Kaiser?

It's open enrollment time again at work and I've noticed the PPO plan at my work has gotten worse again. The only HMO option available to me is Kaiser (CA).

I was wondering if anyone on here has anything to say positively or negatively about using them and wanting to follow non-standard advice? I'm especially concerned because we are a no vax family and I have a HCP (outside of Kaiser) that is respectful of that. I'm trying to figure if it's worth the hassle? But on the other side of it the PPO has horrible coverage for emergencies and hospital stays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I have had Kaiser for several years and I really like it. Everything is in 1 place, all the offices, labs, pharmacies, etc. It's easy and convenient. I can email my doctors whenever I want. I can reorder prescriptions online and pick them up or have them mailed to my house. My plan has a deductible and out-of-pocket maximum but most things are covered with just a co-pay. The doctors have websites so you can check them out beforehand. I don't know if any of the peds are no-vax friendly but you could ask around on a local parent's network and probably find out.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

User Tag List