History of Gestational Diabetes - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
History of Gestational Diabetes

I have had gestational diabetes on my second pregnancy. When I checked upon giving birth, it was all normal so I thought, I would not get it again. Just this week, I suspected to have an elevated glucose level. And after testing, I found out that, it was really elevated. Does it make sense? I have had normal level for quite sometime and now it is elevated. Anyone with similar experience??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-08-2015, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
What test did you have done? How old is your baby? Women who have a history of GDM do have an increased risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-08-2015, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi Katelove! I have done a home glucose test last monday. BTW, my daughter is 28 months old and very healthy.

I will be seeing a doctor by monday and have myself tested. You are correct that I have a greater risk of developing diabetes. I made some research about it.
#4 of 4 Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
"Gestational diabetes usually resolves itself after your baby is born. However, if you have had gestational diabetes in one pregnancy, you are more likely to get it again in future pregnancies. You are also at a greater risk of developing Type 2 diabetes later in life and you will need to be regularly screened by your doctor throughout your life. You can reduce the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by paying attention to what you eat and how much exercise you get."

http://www.babycenter.com.au/a2058/gestational-diabetes

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page