Ruptured Eardrum ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-08-2002, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 4 1/2 year old had his second ruptured eardrum in May, the first was in January. He had tubes put in his ears at around 18months because of chronic ear infections. He still proceeded to get them after the tubes but they didn't seem to be as painful for him. Well, he now seems to be having some hearing problems. He repeats things back to me incorrectly. eg: I told him to put his pjs on and I would cuddle with him before bed, he repeated back you will color with me before I go to bed? And Saturday I had to repeat myself to him three times before he could understand what I was saying. He was clearly looking and paying attention to me but was struggling with hearing me. I have a hearing tested scheduled next week. Does anyone know what kind of damage could possibly occured and what might be done to correct it?:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2002, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I burst my eardrum at 11, due to an infection.
I had almost total hearing loss in that ear for a while (due to fluids in ear as it healed). After about 6 months, I had 30% loss in some ranges (mostly over the spoken range). After about 5 years, I had 10-20% loss in that ear, but measured most recently (quite a few years later), I have 5-10% loss. I do not know if my experience is typical, and take it for what it's worth, it's just one experience, but I thought I'd share.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

User Tag List