Super bad diaper rash! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2004, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD has terrible rash right now from diarrhea. I have tried tons of different products, change her A LOT. What else can I do or try? I would like to leave her naked, but with the diarrhea and the sores on her bottum, I can't. HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2004, 03:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What types of creams have you tried? The combo I found works the best is from Crystal at www.Mamasfavorites.com some lavender salve, and then rash be gone on top of it. Works for everything we've had! The rash be gone by itself is great, too.

Have you tried Hyland's diaper cream? Its a natural homeopathic cream, you can get it at the hfs or some Walmarts have it. I've tried it on dry skin/chaffing and it works well.

Good luck!

Kristi

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

Old 09-02-2004, 03:05 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your little girl. We use a calendual based ointment by Weleda. It is intended as a barrier ointment but has worked on everything with very good immediate results. Weleda also makes a cream specifically for diaper rash...not sure what you have tried. My cousin's DD was allergic to wheat and would get absolutely raw and she used the ointment as well. Also, exposing her bum to the sunlight as much as possible will help with the healing.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:36 PM

I always recommend Caldesene Medicated powder. I never liked using creams, so when someone suggested this to me a long time ago, I tried it. I've never used anything else since. It works quickly and, as long as I keep the powder confined to the diaper area, it's less messy.

I hope she feels better soon.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies. I'll go and see what I can find. It seem to be getting better but hurts her so much.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:02 AM

Are you breastfeeding? Breastmilk does wonders on raw bottoms. Oh, and it's free.:LOL

Do you use cloth or disposables? If using cloth maybe try an extra rinse cycle. If using disposables, can you switch to cloth until the rash is gone?

Good luck to your dd, keep us updated!!

Tamera hearts.gifwife to Rod moon.gif Mama to Ty jammin.gif Nathan Peace.gif Hunter bikenew.gifMila energy.gifAndrew sleepytime.gif Kyle REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif& our last baby # 7 due June 2011 1sttri.gif We homeschool.gif  nocirc.gifcd.gif  h20homebirth.gif
Old 09-03-2004, 11:07 AM

We're still recovering from a horrible rash (turned out to be yeast) that stemmed from dirrahea pooping due to my dd's first antibiotic. I did 2 fingerfulls of acidopholus in her mouth daily and for her butt I did (this isn't the most crunchy option) a very good (and gentle wipe), dryed her tush by patting with a prefold, then slathered her in desitin and layered with a heavy amount of cornstarch powder to pull any excess moisture out from under the cream. It really made the rash better and more importantly let her pee and poop without screaming. Once it got a little better I also began adding 4 or 5 drops tea tree oil to her bath. We also did use lotrimen on the rash under the desitin once we learned it was yeast.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I have her in cloth today and it really seems to be helping.

User Tag List